FREE ‘Arts Around La Plaza’ Community Art Event Series
Arts Around La Plaza, a FREE community art series in partnership with La Plaza La Jolla and Monarch | Arredon Contemporary gallery, will debut at La Plaza La Jolla’s new ADGY ART gallery on August 18th with ‘Landscapes,’ a solo exhibition from celebrated La Jolla-based artist Thomas Lamprecht.
Lamprecht’s solo exhibition explores the notion of landscapes and uses superimposed linear interpretations of classical imagery (based on well-known works) and other politically and socially meaningful objects to create a narrative on the dichotomy of life’s truths. Preview the show and speak with the artist about his work at a reception on August 18th at 5 p.m.
The following free, public Arts Around La Plaza events will take place between August 18th – September 3rd:
- Artist Reception: Friday, August 18th, 5 p.m. Preview Thomas Lamprecht’s ‘Landscapes’ solo exhibition at ADGY ART at an exclusive reception with the La Jolla-based artist. Suite 102.
- Spanish Sunday: August 20, 5-7 p.m. Monarch | Arredon Contemporary will host an overview of all current Spanish artists on display, including Lei Tang and Andre Desjardins, presented in Spanish. Suite 109.
- Evening of Flamenco: Saturday, August 26th, 4 -7p.m. Flamenco Arana, a locally-based authentic Spanish flamenco dance organization, will bring the sights and sounds of Spain to La Plaza La Jolla.
- Meet artist Lei Tang: Sunday, August 27th, times to be announced. Chinese-born painter Lei Tang discusses his newest figurative abstract works currently on exhibit at Monarch | Arredon Contemporary. Suite 109.
- Music to Free the Heart: Saturday, September 2nd, times to be announced. Classical Contemporary musician Marilu Salinas and crew will be performing a series of new musical vignettes, Courtyard.